Dirty Print – Halos
Entire image is halos.
Eliminate entire image halos by:
- Reducing plate to substrate impression.
- Reducing anilox impression or checking plate level and mounting.
Leading edge halos only.
Eliminate leading edge halos by:
- Reducing anilox pressure to plate.
- Checking level and mounting.
Plate wrap has distortion.
Remount plate to fit cylinder tightly.
- Plates are uneven, worn, cupped, glazed or mismatched (slugged).
- Ink film is too thick.
- Printing plate is too hard.
- Ink film applications are uneven due to machine or uneven plates.
Eliminate all halos by:
- Leveling, building up, cleaning or replacing plates or entire mount.
- Reducing ink film thickness by lowering viscosity, increasing ink metering effectiveness, or decreasing anilox volume.
- Using plates with a softer durometer.
- Adjusting ink metering, print and anilox impression, and roll parallel. Or replacing plates.